THE MEZCAL ROUTE
Oaxaca - Miahuatlán- San Bartolo
The mezcal route is for adventurers, lovers of nature, traditions and who want to know better their country and its people.
During this route we will eat delicious regional, artisanal food and learn to taste and enjoy a good mezcal. We will also live closely the whole process for the realization of this ancestral drink, we will know all the people who are adding value, knowledge and experience to this product, so that it reaches us in the best possible quality. We will visit some important museums and beautiful Oaxacan villages, we will walk through the local markets and from the hand of the master mezcalero we will go to look for wild agaves in the field.
Reception in the City of Oaxaca (Hostal Chocolate)
Accommodation in a bedroom or private room according to availability.
Free day or accompaniment in proposed activities.
Night tasting of 3 mezcales with pairing of 3 times on the terrace of the hostel.
Breakfast at the hostel
Transportation to Miahuatlán
Visit to San Bartolo Coyotepec (Barro Negro)
Visit to the local market (Miahuatlán)
Food prepared in wood stove.
Guide on the production process of mezcal
Campfire and mezcal tasting.
Lodging in the cabin of Maestro Mezcalero.
Breakfast prepared in wood stove.
Trekking in search of wild agaves guided by Master Mezcalero.
Food prepared in a wood stove.
Return to Oaxaca City.
The end of the trip.
Cost: $ 3,895.00 MXN + IVA - (Calendar events)
Limited space, reserve your place with time.
The mezcal route includes:
- Lodging in Oaxaca: Hostel with room type according to availability
- Guide and accompaniment for Oaxaca, markets and places of interest
- Round transportation from the City of Oaxaca to Mengolí, Miahuatlán de Porfirio Díaz and return
- Transportation to San Bartolo Coyotepec - Village of black mud factories
- Tasting of mezcal and dinner pairing
- Breakfast at the hostel, lunch and Dinner at the producer's house (Day 2), Breakfast at the producer's house (Day 3)
- Trekking to search for Wild Agave
- Practice and guide of productive process (in productive dates)
- Accommodation at the mezcal teacher's house
Approximate duration: 3 days